So our first day of potty training didn't go so well. I know that I should wait until Stephanie should show some interest or readiness but I thought it would be a perfect time to try since we are off for the next 2 weeks. She has different ideas. Of course, after the Easter picture yesterday she started to come down with a cold. She slept terribly last night and had a runny nose and sneezing all day. Nothing too terrible so I thought I wasn't going to let the little cold stop my potty training idea. It did. By the end of tonight she didn't want to get in the bath and last time that happened she had an ear infection. So we are off to the doctor tomorrow.
She peed on the floor 4 times and screamed when I put her on the toilet. She will sit there other times when she wanted to (nothing would happen) but when I put her there after seeing her start to pee on the floor she did not like that at all. I hear people say, once they pee on themselves they don't like it and won't do it again. We'll, Stephanie could have cared less. So I know that she is not ready and not too push it. Hopefully when she is ready it won't take long since I won't have a 2 week vacation coming up again. I know I do have a 1 week vacation in June when Jack and Mia are going to Brussels ( I never got to go on these kind of trips with them, I got the Disneyworld in June, Oklahoma in July, and Colorado in December- not that traveling with them wasn't a great experience because I got to go places I normally would not of been able to). Anyways, so maybe June will be a better time for her and maybe she'll have some more language and be able to communicate better. I just don't want her afraid and her screaming on the toilet told me she wasn't ready yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment