Wednesday, February 18, 2009

TV

I have been saying for awhile that neither kids like watching TV. With Stephanie I think it is more of an attention thing and some kind of discontect from watch she is watching on the TV and how it relates to a story. I think it's the same reason why she has troubles with books. She can't make the connection yet. Commercials are more up her ally. Short and better if they have music. For some reason Emily hasn't taken interest in the TV either. They will watch maybe 5 minutes of Elmo or the Wiggles but not more than that. But in the last week or so Stephanie has requested the TV to be on all the time. She likes sitting where Jeff sits on the couch and she climbs up there, gets a blanket or 2 and says"EV" (still working on that "t" sound). She will ask and ask and ask. This happens all day long. I am mostly to blame because I like to have the TV on for background noise and even if I'm not watching anything, it's on. Jeff is the same way but he probably pays more attention to the TV when it is on. So we have tried to have the TV all day when Stephanie is up. I guess tonight while Jeff was home with the kids both girls were asking for it. So now Stephanie got Emily on her side. We have the radio on or the ipod player on and they like that but not as much. I am not sure why Stephanie asks for the TV when she doesn't pay attention to it. I don't know if it is a habit or what. It's good to hear her asking for things, but it's annoying.

No comments: