Monday, February 23, 2009

Terrible 2s

I think the terrible twos are back in our house once again. Emily wants everything done her way and if she doesn't want it, then she has a total fit about it. I thought she was having a rough week last week because she had a fever for a little over a day early last week but her behavior is continuing. She also has one last tooth that just won't poke through but I think it has more to do with her trying to gain her independence. This morning she didn't want shoes on to take Stephanie to school. It was only 15 degrees out so she had to wear shoes. She has plenty of different ones to choose from and she will were them on and off around the house but she didn't want them on to go in the car. It isn't easy to put shoes on and tie them on someone who really doesn't want to wear them. She will also get mad if she can't have what she wants like last week I got a book out from the library and she is so mad when it is Stephanie's turn to look at the book. No other book would do. She doesn't even want it read to her, she just wants to look at the pictures and flip the pages. I know that is fine but we are already so sick of that book. At least this time with the terrible twos Emily can understand and vocalize more than Stephanie could at this age. Sometimes it doesn't seem like a good thing because everything is "mine", and "no", but I am glad she knows what she wants and isn't afraid to ask for it.

No comments: