








We got a couple inches of snow Friday night so when Jeff went out to shovel Saturday morning I suggested we all go out. Stephanie has been better at school and going to the car with the snow but I wasn't sure how she would be to go out and play in the snow. I had wanted Jeff to take Emily out because I think she would like it and he is more of a cold weather person but either there was too much snow or it was too cold. So this weekend was perfect, a little snow and not too cold. They both did great. Emily likes to walk out to the driveway herself now meaning she no longer wants to be carried. She will walk down each step with some help and when we have to go somewhere whine when it is time to get into the care. But on Saturday they walked out, we excited to see Jeff shoveling and Emily ran towards him. I gave them both little shovels and they did great. Emily could have stayed out there for an hour. Stephanie would walk on the paths that Jeff had already shoveled and walk over any part that had snow. But she did not complain or whine one bit. Such a HUGE improvement from the first snowfall. Stephanie stayed mostly on the driveway and was a little confused when we didn't get in the van to go anywhere but Emily was venturing everywhere. She was all over the driveway, the grass (even though you couldn't see any) and even went into the backyard. Jeff sure found his snow partner. The the girls tried some hot chocolate. I should say Emily did because Stephanie still has some fear of an open cups so she wouldn't try it. Emily did try it though but I'm not sure what she thought of it. good thing the snow day went good since we are in for another batch of more snow. I was sure liking the snow being gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment