Thursday, June 12, 2008

Swimming lessons





The girls both started swimming lesson this week. I was nervous about both of them for different reasons. Emily doesn't do well with people she doesn't know but is usually fine if I am with her. Stephanie didn't want to get into her baby pool and when she doesn't want to do something she throws a fit. On top of it neither of them took afternoon naps on Monday so I wasn't sure what to expect. Overall it went better than expected. Emily went first and Stephanie actually waited patiently. Emily went right in and held on and looked around but she had no problem splashing and loved when we sang the songs. She got a little duck and held onto it the whole class. She laid on her back to try to float, she tried to jump in, and loved watching the other kids in the pool. Stephanie was excited when Emily came out and I took her to the pool. I was a little worried that I put in her the wrong class because it is for 3-4 year olds and she isn't 3 yet. But it is a parent child class so I figured she can so what she wants in class. She was fine getting wet on the side of the pool but flipped out when we got in the pool. After a few minutes though and having her realize she didn't have to hold on so tight I wasn't going to let her go anywhere she calmed down. She laid on her back also but wouldn't put her arms out on her front or back. But she kicked her legs and loved to splash. So I think they both did great. Stephanie had a little bit more trouble getting in yesterday but I brought her in and she was fine. She even tried jumping in the pool. That would be great if she could learn that before the class is over. She gets out of the pool fine and changes but once we are trying to leave the high school she doesn't want to leave. Hopefully that gets better though by the end. I also hope this helps them get ready for vacation in August. I only have pictures of Emily since Jeff was in charge of pictures and he said the memory was full and didn't get any of Stephanie so I'll have to post those next week.

No comments: