Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Busy summer for Stephanie

We now have Stephanie's therapy finalized for the summer. It will be busy for her but I hope it is all worth it at the end of summer. I hope she makes some progress in all areas. She will be going 2 times a week for speech, once a week for occupational therapy, and once a week for physical therapy. Besides her speech issues they are going to work on getting her to jump, ride a bike, throw and catch a ball (she can throw things but it is more as a mad reaction than an intentional throw), puzzles, better pencil and utensil grips, and many little other things that will in turn also help her with her speech. The clinic we are going seems to be great. I've heard good things about it and so far she loves it so I hope that continues. I hope this will ease her frustrations since she is a happy little girl but just needs some help. Her stubbornness sure doesn't help her but it is just part of what makes her her. So please keep her in your prayers that this therapy does help her and it is the jumpstart she needs.

No comments: