Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Lenten Sacrifice

Today marks the beginning of the Lenten season so I have been thinking about what I am going to give up for Lent. This week I finally decided on what I should give up. I am giving up shopping. That is all shopping that is not grocery shopping (diapers and formula included) and any shopping I need to do for work. It started with just giving up internet shopping and then got to be all shopping. We will see how much stuff I am buying that I don't realize. I don't even get to shop on Sundays, except for one Sunday for Easter stuff, since Jeff didn't want the responsibility to do so. At least I'll be able to shop the after Easter sales.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've decided not to give up something for Lent, instead I'm going the other direction & saying I'm going to get my act together & start working on Mom & Dad's photo albums - which I've been saying I'm going to do for the past several years. I have most of their pictures down here & several photo albums but somehow I have just never made the time to work on them. So I'm not making a sacrifice, but I'm hoping that it will be considered along the same lines!
Seeing as I detest shopping I honestly could give it up without hesitation or feelings of deprivation so that wouldn't work for me. Hopefully you won't feel too deprived for the next 6 weeks or so.
Have a wonderful day. Linda