




I can't believe that Emily is 7 months old already. Before I know it she'll be one. As much as I am sick of the snow and would love for warmer weather I am not ready for her to be 1. She is still moving around the house on her stomach and will occasionally push forward with her knees but her hands don't follow and she falls on her face. It doesn't bother her and she usually gets where she wants to be. I'm sure she'll get it figured out in no time. She still loves to play and sometimes I think she is sick of the baby toys already. They sure are getting a lot of use this time around. She loves to play with anything that can go in her mouth. She will play by herself but she loves to have Stephanie play with her. Stephanie is doing great on giving her toys but has a problem when Emily has something she wants.
Emily is still a little unsure of other people. She loves to smile at them but she doesn't like if they try to hold her. She loves Mia and Jack and the fact they always smile when they see her and want to hold her. Mia does say she is getting heavy though. I weighed her this week and she was just over 18lbs. She didn't gain weight from eating more foods but she has been doing great with her bottle. She is finally up to 6 oz at each feeding, sometimes more, and will sometimes have 2 meals a day. She is still trying to get the hang of eating food and it seems like for a week she loves it and eats great and then the next 2 weeks she wants nothing to do with it. I'll all probably because I decided to make baby food.
I think Emily still has one tooth but she doesn't really let me see to well. Maybe that is why she has been sleeping a little better most nights in the last week. That means only one feeding and up a few times for her nuk otherwise. For now I will take that because I know how more worse it could be. No more swaddling for her which I am so happy about but she moves around her crib and gets stuck sometimes. Naps are not very consistent. She will take a morning nap but the afternoon one has been in the car when I go to pick up the kids from school so that will have to change soon when she won't fit in the infant car seat anymore. My goal is to get to the middle of March because I will have off of work for 2 weeks and hopefully I can get her on a good nap at home schedule (and Stephanie potty trained). These are my plans not the girls. I sure they have their own ideas. I just hope no one is sick for our time off again.
Emily is such a good baby and so much fun. It is great having a baby again and as people know I do miss being pregnant but we are going to wait a little bit longer. I have 2 wonderful and beautiful girls to keep me busy right now.
1 comment:
It appears from many of the pictures that Emily prefers not to have socks (or shoes) on her feet. I noticed because Ali was (& still is) the same way - put shoes & socks on & as soon as she can she's taking them off. Even when she was small she did that. But I don't remember (from the pictures) Stephanie doing that. Just stuck me & I thought I'd comment on it.
Hope you're all warm & snug up there. Love, Linda
Post a Comment