




I can't believe Matthew is over 3 weeks old already. I am trying to cherish this time because I know he's going to grow very quickly. The nights have been long and hard but I haven't given in with the bottles yet. He is doing a good job with nursing but did develop some thrush on his tongue so that made latching a little difficult for a couple days. I am taking him back today since I don't think it got better. We'll see how much he weighs too. I think he was also going through a couple growth spurts as he wants to eat every 2 hours round the clock some days. He already grew out of his newborn diapers, his newborn outfits, and his umbilical cord stump fell out on last Tuesday. At his 1 week checkup 2 weeks ago he was 8lbs 2.5oz. He left the hospital weighing 7lbs 7oz and gained 11.5 oz in 6 days. They usually gain .5oz to 1oz a day. He almost doubled that. And I was worried he wasn't eating enough. That sure got put to rest. He is very easy going and rarely cries. He is a great pooper and makes sure we are going through all those boxes of diapers we have in the basement. At least he's the only one in diapers. The girls like having him around and Emily has agreed that he is now my baby, she's my little girl, and Stephanie is my big girl. Time sure flies.
1 comment:
Wow! He is beautiful & most certainly is growing fast. & I love Emily's "he's your baby, she is your little girl, & Stephanie is your big girl" logic - seems way too mature for her age!
Hope you are getting some rest and I can't wait to meet your newest addition! Big Hugs to all of you! Love, Linda
Post a Comment