Wednesday, April 28, 2010

More success!!

Both girls had a great week of making their mommy very proud. Stephanie has started to say "mommy". At first I wasn't sure and didn't want to get my hopes up but she says it and is using it correctly. She has yet to use it when asking for me but she will point and say it and it is pretty clear. She doesn't have the total closed mouth "m" sound, which at first I wasn't sure she was meaning to say it, but she continued and would hug me and say it. Of course she doesn't always say it when asked too and she wouldn't say it yesterday but it has been off an on for the last week. Hopefully it continues. I have been waiting many years for this! Keep it up Stephanie. I knew you could do it.

Emily has also made me proud this week. She has given up her nuk and hasn't looked back. It was not a big deal for her at all. We told her Saturday night it would be the last day she would have it to go to sleep and the nuk fairy would come on Sunday and she wouldn't have it to go to bed Sunday night. I told her if she was a good sleeper the nuk fairy would leave a present for her and she didn't ask for it and she slept all night. She hasn't napped this week so far but then again she has been taking them on and off anyway that it hasn't been a problem. She'll still go any rest for and hour at least. Then the kids are in bed bffore Jeff leaves for work which helps with Matthew's fussy time. She loved her present ( her first jigsaw puzzle) and she knows she's a big girl now and doesn't need it. Way to go Emily!!

Such big wonderful beautiful girls I have!

No comments: