Monday, February 15, 2010
More potty success
I figured it was time to get Emily potty trained. Especially if I wanted it done before the baby came. I known she' s been ready for awhile. I knew if I waited much longer I would regret it and then the baby would be here. So this weekend I did the same potty procedure we did with Stephanie right after Christmas. She was on board and it went great. She made it through the whole program by Sunday afternoon. She had one accident on Saturday and one yesterday. She also had one today but she was in the bathroom, just not on the toilet. Because she has the language that Stephanie doesn't have I can explain things to her and have her talk back to me I can ask her to do things that I can't with Stephanie. With Stephanie we are not suppose to use many verbal prompts (like telling her to flush the toilet) put can point if she forgets to do it. They want them to know what to do without always being told to. But with Emily I can tell her things and I am able to tell her to go potty before we go somewhere or to go when we are somewhere. She went before she had her eye doctor appointment today and Jeff said she did go (a little bit) there too. At her eye appointment we were told we need to patch a little bit again (we haven't patched since the surgery). Just 2 hrs every day now instead of 4 hours. Her left eye is still stronger so just working on that right eye. Both Jeff and Emily go back in 4 weeks but she knows I am due in just over 4 weeks so it may need to be rescheduled. But as of now I am pretty much diaper free, except for nap and bedtime, but I will take that for now. She did great this weekend. Way to go Emily!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment