Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Emily did great
We all made it though the day. Emily did so well and I am so proud of her. We both cried today but she never saw me crying and I was able to be hold her while she cried. She had a good morning and was happy to have 2 popsicles and some apple juice after she woke up. Then we went to the toy store and she was able to pick out a present for herself to have at the hospital. I think it all went well at the hospital until they took her out of my arms. She wasn't too happy to have to change into the hospital clothes but dealt with it. She was able to keep her blanket and baby with her the whole time so I think that helped. But about 10 minutes after she got the medicine that made her a little drowsy a (different) nurse came in and said it was time to go and asked if she could carry her. Of course she is going to say no. I hadn't prepared her for that part. I thought I would be able to go until she on the bed or something. She let me put her in the nurses arms and I could tell she wanted to cry but didn't and I couldn't if she wasn't going to. They walked down the hallway and as soon as they went through the doors, I lost it. The operation was less than 45 minutes but we didn't get to see her right away. The doctor said everything went great. Once they called us back to see her I could hear she was crying right away. Even after the nurse handed her over to me she cried for another 15 minutes or so. Not sure if it was the waking up from the anesthesia , her being scared (she did say later at home she was sad I wasn't there), or her eyes hurting. She would cry and want to rub one of eyes and she kept wanting to open them but I think it hurt to do that. After she finally calmed down she played with her new toy and we sat there for about a half hour before we went home. Once we got home she sat on my lap and played with her new toy (peg pounder) but after some juice she threw up some (burping is what she called it) and did that once again and hour later. Later she got a burst of energy but little things were upsetting her. She ate a lot for supper but got very tired after that and since she didn't touch her eyes at all once we were home we didn't need to put the arms splints on. She is sound asleep and hopefully she has a good night sleep. I told her we were going to the eye doctor tomorrow morning hoping she wasn't scared to go now (even though today wasn't at the office) and she asked to go back to the hospital. So not too scared then. I also told her that it will be my turn to go to the hospital next month when the baby comes out so we are all having our turns, except Stephanie. Way to go Emily, you were such a big girl today. So very proud of you. Love you so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment