Monday, February 1, 2010

Tomorrow is Emily's surgery

Emily will have her eye surgery tomorrow at 1:00. She is excited to go to the hospital but I don't think she knows what is really going to happen though. So far she knows she gets juice, popsicles, and jello for breakfast tomorrow morning. Then she gets to wear her "santa" jammies to the hospital and she can bring her blanket and baby and she'll take a little nap there after getting some medicine. She then knows she'll have eye drops like daddy has had this week once we get home. . Besides that I don't know what else to tell her to prepare her. She knows her eye doctor will be there and nurses will take her temperature and listen to her heart. She knows both Mommy and Daddy are going and Nanna is coming to stay with Stephanie while she has therapy in the afternoon. I am so much more nervous for her than she is. She doesn't know she is having surgery and what that even means so I've just told her that the eye doctor is going to fix her eyes just like daddy's eye last week. Jeff is still recovering but her recovery should be much shorter. They said she should be fine by the time we go back to the doctor office Wednesday morning. Once she wakes up from the surgery she should be a little cranky but they don't give kids anything more than tylenol for the pain. I found out last week that they are going to operate on the inside muscles both eyes. I hope this works and she isn't going to need anything else down the road. She will need her glasses for awhile and possibly the patch. She won't wear the patch for the first week so her eyes get use to working together but she may need it again if the right eye begins to wander again. Only time will tell with that. Emily has been very clingy lately and I'm not sure if she knows something is going on with the hospital talk or if it has more to do with the baby coming. She has been saying "I'm mommy's baby" all the time so I'm thinking it has to do with the baby coming. But because of her surgery coming up I have been babying her more and carrying her more. She still seems so little. But so brave. I know she'll be braver than me tomorrow. I love you little peanut.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She's been very brave. God bless all of you.

Dad