Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I am so proud of Stephanie

Stephanie went to the dentist today and did a wonderful job. I thought we would go see the chair, the dentist tools, and maybe get her teeth counted. She totally surprised me. She said in the chair by herself and the hygienist showed her all the tools and said that they would see how far they get. She laid back in the chair, put on her sunglasses, and got her teeth cleaned. I couldn't believe it. I was so proud of her. She even got some fluoride put on her teeth and not a problem. She got a few of her teeth flossed but she wasn't so keen on that. The hygienist tried of couple times but didn't push it too much. She suggested to try here and there and at least get some of the front teeth so she gets use to it. When the dentist came in her laid back again and got a little frustrated when he went to count her teeth but after I held her hand the hygienist helped she laid back again and let him finish. What I thought would turn into a total tantrum ended up much better. The hygienist even said I should've brought my camera. I was kicking myself for not having it. I thought we would be in the room for 5 minutes and nothing would happen. The dentist said she has a little overbite because of her tongue thrust and hopefully we can correct that with the speech before it can cause any major problems with her teeth. Other than that he said he teeth looked great and no cavities. Great job Stephanie!!! So proud of you!

No comments: