Monday, May 5, 2008

A good reason for being behind

Things haven't been good here to start the month. Of course it's a new month so I tried to start to work out again so I went to the gym with Stephanie twice last week. I felt good and it worked since I was able to get back here before Emily woke up from her nap. Don't worry, Jeff was at home sleeping also. Then last Thursday night Stephanie fell asleep and I went in to check on her and she had thrown up and was sleeping in it. I know, very gross. So I had to wake her up and give her a bath. Thankfully Emily went right to sleep and I didn't have to worry about her, especially since Jeff was at work. After a bath, change of sheets, she threw up again about 5 minutes later (in her crib again). So, repeat everything, and she is not happy to say the least. Tired, not feeling well, and to top it off she can't tell me what is wrong. So then after everything is cleaned up I thought I would lay on the floor beside her crib and be ready if anything happened. It did, but no warning, but not much and only on the sheet not her jammies, so I decided to have her sleep with me and see how that works with Emily getting up to eat. Poor Stephanie threw up 2 more times that night but laid there nicely when I had to feed Emily. She seemed much better Friday after a four hour nap, but just no appetite. But then Saturday morning all she did wanted to do was lay on the floor. She even fell asleep on me for a little bit that morning. Again she took a 4 hour nap and was okay in the afternoon, better by evening, and almost back to normal on Sunday. That was good because Emily threw up Saturday night as did I. I can't remember the last time I got sick (from not drinking). It's hard to see Stephanie get sick but even harder to see Emily throw up. So she did that all night, slept with us (I felt better after I threw up), and she slept most of the day on Sunday. She didn't eat much but it is so hard to know if she is hungry or not. So she had a little bit but threw up again last night before bed. She slept okay and so far today is doing alright. Hopefully we all through the worst and Jeff doesn't get it. He's back at work tonight so hopefully it's a good night. I am not sure where we caught the virus but Jack was sick 2 weeks ago but it also could be the gym. At first I thought it was Stephanie not liking May because all of her 3 years she has gotten sick the beginning of May. Maybe she doesn't want me to work out and she doesn't like May. I'm not sure if I want to try the gym again. I have to do something though before Alle's wedding. At least I lost some weight from not eating the last 2 days.

No comments: