Thursday, December 6, 2007

Happy 60th Mom

















This happened last month but I haven't been able to write much so this never made it into the blog. We all (my brothers and their families and Grandpa) went over to my parents a few weeks ago to celebrate. Emily got to see her uncles and cousins she hadn't seen in 2 months so of course she looked so big. They all had lots of fun holding her. We all had a good time but I know my mom was missing Nana. This was very hard for her not to have her mom around for her birthday. Especially for turning 60 and not thinking last year that it would be the last one she would be around for. As everyone says she definitely does not look 60. But hearing it from Nana always meant a lot. I am not sure I got those genes since I was always told I look older than I am (at least that is how it was when I was a teenager). I sure hope I can look, feel, and act as well as my mom when I turn 60. I did make the cake (not my best work) which was a big fiasco but I am still practicing.

No comments: