Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas

First off, Merry Christmas everyone a day late. It's been crazy around here since Stephanie has been sick since last Tuesday. We finally went to the doctor today and she has an ear infection. Hopefully she is on the way up. Sher had a rough week and was not ready for Christmas. She missed it all. She couldn't go to church so I went with Emily and then we always go to (Nana and ) Grandpas for Christmas Eve but Stephanie couldn't do it. I really wanted her to be there, for all of us to be there, but she didn't even want to get in the tub and she still had a fever. Poor girl. I didn't want to force her to do something she didn't want to. So she stay behind with Jeff and I just took Emily. Stephanie still wasn't better Christmas day so she finally opened her last 2 presents today. Emily loved the paper the best. Emily is coming down with a cold and is teething but hopefully she isn't as bad as Stephanie. She was coughing so hard at times she would throw up. It was so sad to see her cough so hard. So now as Stephanie is on the mend I hope it doesn't take Emily so long. Last night was one of the worst nights Jeff and I have ever had with kids. Emily was trying to sleep with us but would wake up every half hour and was so unhappy. Then Stephanie was up every couple hours. Hopefully tonight is better since Jeff is at work and it's all me.

This was the first Christmas without Nana and as we tried to have everything the same, she was missing. Everything about her not being there was missed. I knew it was going to be hard and I missed her so much. She loved having Christmas at her house and having us all there. As much as things were the same it felt different. We all knew that she was celebrating her first Christmas with Jesus though. We also knew she wouldn't want us to be sad at Christmas because of her. It was very hard no to be.

Pictures to follow soon.

No comments: