Saturday, July 7, 2007

Emily Bendyk Catozzi is here!!!













I am just back from the hospital after we welcomed Emily into the world on July 5th at 8:12 pm. The labor was a complete opposite than Stephanie but in the end we had a healthy beautiful baby girl. My water broke early Thursday morning at 1:15 after getting back from the fireworks at 11:30. So needless to say I didn't get much sleep.i kept saying that Emily was going to come early but we weren't prepared at all. I had no bags packed, the bassinet needed to be put together, but at least we had the car seat, diapers, and an outfit. We got to the hospital about 4:30 am (i needed some antibiotics before delivery so we had to go in early). I had contractions but as the day went on they got further apart and not any stronger. So I had to start getting pitocin after not making much progress. After that made the contractions stronger but I wasn't dilating and with not being able to walk around anymore I gave in and had the epidural. I didn't last time and was hoping to go without again but I am glad I got it. Within an hour and and half afterwards I went from 5cm to 10cm and 10min after the doctor came Emily was born. She weighed 6lbs 9oz and was 19.5 inches. She as a whole pound lighter than Stephanie. She came out screaming so she knows already she needs to be as loud as Stephanie. She has the dark hair that Stephanie has, a small head, little ears, and nose, but she does look different than Stephanie. Stephanie hasn't cared much about her as she was more concerned about seeing me at the hospital. Coming home tonight she was okay but she just climbs around so much and is so fast it made Jeff and I a little nervous. It will be an interesting adjustment. But we are all glad to be home. More to come but time to sleep now as both daughters are sleeping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the family Emily Bendyk! You are absolutely beautiful & I can't wait to hold you.
We're so glad both you & mommy are doing well & hope all continues in the same vein for everyone.
Perhaps Mommy could let us know in one of her posts, or in an email, where your unique middle came comes from?
Love to all of you from Aunt Rose & Uncle Ray, Aunt Janis & Aunt Susie & Linda

Kim Fine said...

Congratulations! She's just beautiful :) Hope you're all adjusting to life with a new little one well!