Monday, January 4, 2010

Back at school

Stephanie made it through her first day at school in her new undies. She was a little unsure when we went in the bathroom when we got there and had a scared look on her face. I didn't stay long and the therapist is going to try to be with her tomorrow at school. She didn't want to sit on the toilet so I was scared to leave but knew the teachers are use to having kids newly potty trained so I hoped for the best. I was still a little surprised that I didn't get a call from the school. She did go in the bathroom a good dozen times and eventually did sit on it and asked for help when needed but never went. She went about 10 minutes after we got home. I was happy that at least she tried it and it will be more comfortable as she gets use to it. At least that is what I am hoping for. Thankfully at this point she is only at school for 2 1/2 hrs and we know she can hold it. She was dry again overnight and went to the bathroom as soon as she got up. I know she can do it but I'll feel better if the therapist is able to go tomorrow. Maybe that will make her more comfortable. We are back at most full training at home but later this week she get back to work at the table. There is still one therapist being trained so we all hoping she can trained by months end and then we will be up and running. Since she was getting all fun things and whatever she wanted in the bathroom (we have slowly gotten rid of that and rewards) she asks for her portable TV in there. She doesn't watch much on TV besides a few minutes of Elmo's World but has taken watching Annie. I couldn't be more happier. One of my all time favorite movies. Jeff isn't so keen on it but I love it. She loves all the little girls and the songs. I still remember all the songs and driving my brothers crazy singing the songs. Besides Elmo she's just not into the animated stuff so no princess movies for us here. Now we can work on getting Emily into undies. It would be nice to be diaper free for a couple months.

No comments: