Monday, January 11, 2010

Emily's eye

Today Jeff and Emily went back to the eye doctor. Emily had been wearing her patch on her right eye for 4 hours a day for the last month. Once I was able to order a fabric patch that fit over her glasses there was no more battle and she would even ask for her patch in the morning. When she doesn't have the patch on I always see her right eye wander. I can't believe how fast it has gone from barely noticing it to have it happen all the time. We didn't see anything until October and now it is rarely looking straight at all. So the doctor wanted to see some improvement with the patching to continue it but, she also agreed that it was getting worse. So now Emily is scheduled for eye surgery on Feb 2. I can't believe it. Jeff is having his surgery (to correct his lazy eye) on Jan 28 and then Emily right away the next week. I just have to say that this baby better stay tight until close to the due date. I am already worried about Emily having surgery and worried about her getting anesthesia and explaining to her what is going on. Her recovery should be pretty quick but she will probably continue to wear the patch for a while after but we'll know more after her surgery. I've never had surgery and I'm having trouble thinking that Emily is going to. She so little but I know this is the best thing for her to correct it early on. She's been a trooper so far with the glasses and the patch so I know she'll do just fine.

No comments: