Thursday, October 29, 2009

New from Stephanie

After the last post of Stephanie's progress with her first month of therapy she had a little set back but then more steps forward. Last week she had a couple of rough days and I'm not sure what was the cause but it may have been not as much sleep. Not to say she didn't sleep well but she would wake up crabby after 11-11.5hrs of sleep at night and since those 4 days of sleeping like that she is back to sleeping about 12.5hrs and has been much better. Unfortunately Emily was under attack on her bad days. She got bitten on the cheek twice in a couple days and got 2 bad scratches on her face, both on the same day. I feel so bad because Emily is no nice to her but I think she knows Stephanie doesn't mean it. But since those 4 rough days she has been her good happy, talking self again and even though she came down with a fever yesterday she has been happy. Yes, she got a haircut yesterday after having such a hard time last time we went. She even said "haircut" and pointed to the correct store when we got there. She had no problem whatsoever. So proud of her. Besides saying "haircut" yesterday, last week she started saying "love you" when we say it to her. Today she even asked for "more juice"!!! Besides saying "nigh night" she never puts 2 words together and for her to do it on her own and have it be to ask for something is great. One of her therapists said yesterday that she said "more music" along with the sign for music but I hadn't heard her put 2 words together before. I canceled her therapy for today because she still had a little fever and the first session for tomorrow. She has 2 others tomorrow but I'll see how she sleeps and how she is tomorrow before deciding on those other 2 sessions. Trick or treating is on Saturday so I want her ready for that and for the kids Halloween pictures that morning. She is all about saying "trick or treat" so I don't want her to miss that. Get better and keep up the good work.

No comments: