Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Stephanie is 7
So hard to believe. I can so remember being 7 and it being my favorite number and loving my cake that I can't believe I have a daughter who is 7. This past year has had it's ups and down but I think overall Stephanie has made great strides this year. The school year started out a little rough but she did well overall having lunch with the other kids and playing outside with half the school. First grade is going to be a huge transition and staying all day is going to be hard on both of us. She will also be taking the bus with Emily so that will be a huge transition but I plan on following the bus the first week or so. Hoping that works out for them. They are excited now but we'll see if it stays so exciting.
This year Stephanie really knew it was here birthday. She was into the preparation for it, the presents, cookie cake, and her fun activity. We went to a local zero depth pool in the morning, therapy in the afternoon, and her birthday pictures in the evening followed by her cookie cake. I think she has a great day and was happy it was her special day.
I am hoping and praying for a wonderful year for her as she is 7. She has come a long way in her understanding and resounding to questions, following directions better, more language and working more on her pronuciation as still a lot of her language is not adult formed yet. We are working on teaching her the letters in her name so she can know them and learn to write them. She is making progress, slow but still learning important skills but has a long way to go. I really want her to have a big year as this will be her last year receiving therapy in the home and I want to make sure she gets the most out of it as possible. Hard to think about the future of what we will do when therapy is done and we are on our own. She brings such joy to us every day and is a wonderful blessing in our life. We love you sweetie! Happy 7th Birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment