Thursday, June 14, 2012
Finally, A Girls' Room
We have had sleeping issues with Stephanie since she was about 4.5. Of course this was just before Matthew was born and I didn't need the 5:00 wake ups with Jeff still at work. She used to always be a good sleeper and once she turned 4 she starting having trouble going to sleep and waking up early. We tried a few different things, ended up using Melatonin when she was 6 to get to sleep better and that has been great. Then within the last year the early wake ups and not wanting to be in her room again started and it was worse than before. We started a sleep program with the therapists, got a sun/moon clock, a video monitor, and nothing was working. I have always hoped that Stephanie and Emily would be able to share a room but always feared that Stephanie would wake up Emily since she doesn't know how to be quiet and doesn't understand personal space. We gave it a try a few weeks ago with just having Emily sleep on her cot in Stephanie's room before moving a bed in there right away. It has been working great!! We moved Emily's bed in a few days later. They might talk for a few minutes before they fall asleep, Stephanie might wake up before Emily and wait to see the sun clock in her room or until Emily gets up, or Emily might wait for the sun clock to turn on and come downstairs. It's gone better than I had hoped for and they are both enjoying it. Matthew wasn't as heartbroken as I thought he might be without his sister in his room, but he does ask for both of them when he goes to bed. This week both girls have slept til after 7:00 (the sun clock turns on at 7:00, so that's our wake up time in this house) so I am happy to be without the night waking and the early morning wake ups. 7:00 is still early in my book, but with 3 young kids I'm lucky to be able to sleep til then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment