Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Emily is 5















Yes, I know Emily turned 5 last month too but I had to get this entered before school started. Maybe I can get more done when both the girls are in school all day. Or maybe not. She sure is growing up and becoming such a little lady. She loves princess, Barbies, dresses, reading, looking beautiful, fancy nails, and hair. She is just like my Mom. She is very inquisitive and is always asking questions about everything. She had her Princess party with Stephanie this summer and had a hard time deciding what kind of Barbie cake to have. In the end she decided on a mermaid cake. She still has such an wild and creative imagination. I hope she doesn't lose that as I am looking forward to reading some wonderful creative writing stories as she grows up.

She is looking forward to K5 very much and loves the idea of staying all day. I think it will be hard on both of us starting out but hopefully we both get use to it. She loves her friends at school and did talk about them every once in awhile over the summer but this is when real friendships will begin. She has been swimming and getting more and more confident as the summer went on. We found out that she loves the pool water better than the lake water as she did no swimming in the lake on vacation this year. We are headed to the Dells and are trying to talk a lot about water slides to make them sound so exciting and hopefully she can give them a try. She is so like me as a child though and fearful, cautious, and scared that I need to give her a break sometimes. If she doesn't want to go I shouldn't push it too much.

She is such a wonderful sweet big and little sister to Matthew and Stephanie. In some ways she needs to be a big sister to Stephanie which is hard and I have to remember that she doesn't have anyone to show her how to be older and that she is only 5. She does such a great job of playing dolls with Stephanie and trucks with Matthew. And even princesses with Matthew and trucks with Stephanie. They make a great team together and I am blessed with such a sweet little girl. Mommy loves you very much. Every day, no matter what.

No comments: