
Singing to Matthew

Eating his birthday cake

Eating with his fork

So happy with his cake

Going down the slide

Emily likes to help and feed Mathew his yogurt
Playing outside
Having fun outside
As quickly as I knew it would come, Matthew is now 1 year old. I can remember it like yesterday sitting in the basement on the computer blogging about still being pregnant and wondering when he was going to decide to come out. I also knew I would miss being pregnant, which I do. I am jealous of friends and family that are pregnant but I think I always will. It has been such a fun year watching Matthew grow. I am trying to remember everything and taking it all in. He has grown so fast and has such a wonderful, sweet, funny personality. He didn't have the healthiest first year but he hasn't let his sickness slow him down. He is trying to run, thinks he can climb onto the couch, loves his sisters, the fish, and Apollo, our bunny. He tries hard to talk but does a great job of communicating what he wants. Even today at dinner I sneezed and he did the "ah ah" sound (while looking up) and then tried to make the "choo" sound and move his head all the way down. Then he laughed and did it over and over again. Cutest thing. He blows kisses, gives big open mouth kisses, and when he wants to be picked up he either puts his arms up or out in front of him a little bit and curls his hands in, like come here mom and hold me. Again, the cutest. So, yes, you can say he is spoiled. He is still up 2-4 times a night and is nursed around 3 times day and night. He started drinking some milk during the day so now I have to figure out how to wean him from nursing. That's one me to figure out this spring. He is so sweet and gets what he wants but nothing he is doing is really naughty, yet. He has gotten told sternly to put his feet down at the table and one day he just wouldn't listen and got yelled at by Jeff and he was so sad about it. He cried and put his hands right up to his face and was trying to hide and look at me to pick him up. He was fine within a few minutes and hasn't put his feet back on the table yet. He waves and nods his head yes and shakes it no. He tries to say "all done", "help", "out", "up", "down", an occasional "mama" and "dada" but those are rare. he signs "fish" because it is one of the signs that Stephanie has learned. He plays the up down game. Stand up, sit down. Over and over again. he loves to look outside and spring shows up for a day last week and he was finally about to go out and play a little bit. He had a blast.
He knew yesterday was his special day and was so happy when everyone would tell him Happy Birthday. He had a blast with his cake. He even used his fork by himself. He ate some but played with it more. He got mad when I took it away from him but all he was doing was throwing it on the floor at that point. He was able to open his presents a little bit but his sisters loved to help him. It has been a wonderful year and I am sure the next year will be just as great. I still don't want him to grow up but seeing his funny personality each day is such a special treat. I am so lucky to be his mommy. happy Birthday little man. Mommy loves you very much!!


No comments:
Post a Comment