Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The last month

As much I plan to update the blog more often, days and weeks pass and I realized I haven't written anything. Of course now with 3 kids I am writing less down but still trying to remember the little things that go on here, what the kids say and remember the big milestones too. So in the last month this is some of the big and little things going on. The kids got outside for a couple spring days and Matthew was so happy to be able to try out his swing set, pop some bubbles, have his first birthday party, and go for some walks. Emily had her first ballet recital, Stephanie got her ipad2, and we were all sick again. Emily did great at her recital but did not like being separated from me and that may be causing her to be a little sad at school. Stephanie loves her ipad but it still under parental/therapist control since we don't have a case for it yet (they haven't made a strong protective case for the ipad2 yet) . There are educational games for her to learn colors, numbers, ABCs, shapes, and we just got the communication app that we will be learning how to use with her this next month. Of course the girls like the other fun games on there too, the camera/video feature, and you tube videos.

Matthew started getting sick last week with some diarrhea and Emily with an upset stomach which let Stephanie to throw up over the weekend. The kids are all getting better with appetites slowly coming back. So we were not able to celebrate Easter this year. We did manage to see the Easter Bunny the week before Easter but no Easter egg hunt, church, or family celebration. Jeff and I also got sick but not too bad or long lived. That's good because it was hard trying to care for all the kids when we didn't feel good either.

Matthew is going back to the doctor on Friday for a check up since he has been running a low grade fever for over 2 months now. He has had a temperature ranging from 99.5-100.5 and they don't seem to know why. At first I thought it was teething but now 2 months later there are still no new teeth. We had to get some blood drawn and have been having trouble with that. The first time needed to get some blood it took 3 lab technicians but they finally got what they needed and Matthew was a trooper. But then we had to go back and they gotten get a vein after 2 tries so they did a finger prick and had a lot of trouble getting any blood that way. The lab tech even said she's never had so much trouble getting blood out before. So yesterday we needed more blood before we go to our appointment on Friday. This time we went to a Children's hospital affiliate near our house. But the same result. They tried his veins twice in his hands and nothing. Not a drop. They said he might still be a little dehydrated so we are going back tomorrow. He has been such a trooper. Hopefully we can get something tomorrow. Otherwise he is doing great, trying to run and catch up with his sisters, starting to talk; "mama", "all done", "puff", "up", "dada" shaking his head yes and no. He slept through the night 2 times this month but of course as I write this he is up already. Not sure why he still gets up so much. I get excited when I get a 3 hour stretch of sleep. So I will have to add pictures tomorrow.

No comments: