Stephanie wearing her therapists' sunglasses
Emily running laps
Stephanie running laps
Matthew loves to do touchdown
Matthew taking a few steps
Getting ready for the Superbowl
Outside but too much snow
Didn't listen while helping at the dishwasher
Helping at the dishwasher
Trying to feed self
Matthew crawling with the remote
Stephanie's mini snowman
Emily's mini snowman
Snow from our blizzard

Emily's new glasses
This winter can't be over fast enough. I think Matthew has been healthy for maybe a couple weeks of the whole winter. We went from the stomach bug, to pink eye, to a high fever, then a double ear infection and respiratory infection, and then an allergic reaction to the antibiotics where he has developed a rash. He has also gotten 5 teeth over the winter so throw some teething pain in there too. Now he has had a low grade fever for almost 2 weeks now and is still trying to get rid of the ear infection. So I am sure I am not the only one who can't wait for spring to get here. He was sure a lot sicker than the girls were their first year. Maybe there is something to the study that says that kids born in the winter/spring months are more sick than the kids born in the summer/fall months. At least I remember reading something like that. But then again he shouldn't of been so sick with all the breast milk he's been drinking for the past year. I am glad I gave breast feeding a real try this time but at this point I am not sure how to wean him. He nurses 3-4 times a day but then still gets up during the night to nurse 2-4 times also. He will get a bottle some of those times and I have started slowly introducing whole milk but so far it's a no go. He is definitely into nursing more at night because there is so much going on during the day he gets distracted. He also loves to eat so he does a lot of that during the day as well. He will eat what we eat and loves his fruits, getting picky at his veggies, loves meats and pastas, but gets so excited when he sees the girls treats come out. He is going to go crazy over his birthday cake. He shakes his head (and whole body) for yes all the time, sometimes will shake it no. Starting to say a few words. Sometimes I think I hear a "dada", "mama", "hot" "hi" but nothing consistent and nothing that I would consider a first word yet. I will be keeping a close eye though.
Being sick this month hasn't slowed him down on his walking. He is at the point where he is walking more than crawling and had more confidence that he can get to where is wants to go without falling. He did get his first cut and bruise while we were waiting at the doctor last week. he didn't quite make it to his destination. It sounded bad but he didn't cry that much. Since he's been at the doctor so much I've been getting accurate weigh measurements and he has been just above the 19lb mark give or take a few ounces depending on the day we have gone. So another skinny baby. With all his walking I don't think he'll hit the 20lb mark by his birthday.
Stephanie has stayed healthy for most of the winter. Besides starting the sickness at the end of the year she has been pretty healthy. Her therapists haven't so we have been using the weekends to make up missed therapy sessions. She has been doing well in school and at home but I think she is getting sick of being indoors and wants to be able to go outside and run around. She loves when she is able to go to the gym at school and just run. At home she does laps around the kitchen and family room. We joke that she is trying to burn off the calories that she just ate but she will literally walk around 50 times or so. Something I should be doing, not her. We are still awaiting word from the state on approval for an ipad for Stephanie. Something we were told we would get the middle of January has yet be to be decided on. I hate the waiting game. Just tell us one way or another, don't make us wait any longer. Stephanie could be benefiting from it instead of waiting for a group to decide if she can use it as a speech communication device.
Emily is having a good winter and has been in gymnastics and ballet. Gymnastics just ended and it was a hit and miss sport for her. I am glad we gave it a try but some of the thing she just needed so much instruction with that she wouldn't try it solo. She enjoyed it and it make be something we'll try again when she's a little bigger. She does seem to enjoy ballet more and has a recital coming up at the beginning of April. She gets to wear a fancy costume and preform on stage. She loved performing in her classroom when her first ballet session ended last year but we'll see what she thinks of a big stage. I'm sure it will be adorable. Emily finally got new glasses a couple weeks ago after going to many store looking for red and pink glasses. Those are her favorite colors now so that's what she wanted. She loved trying on many pairs of glasses but wouldn't consider them if they had another color. We also ended up getting her a pair of transitions glasses because she complained of the sun last summer so hopefully her "magic sunglasses" will help with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment