Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Silly Matthew

My goal this week is to get Matthew to be a better night time sleeper and go down on his own for all his naps. He will put himself to sleep but not all the time. So last night was the first night and he got up once to eat at 1:15 and went right back to sleep. Then he was up about 3:45 and cried on an off til about 5:15. I didn't pick up him (okay, I did once by habit, but then when I realized he wasn't really feeding, he went back in his crib) and when to check on him and lay him back down and he finally fell asleep and slept til 8:00. Then for his naps today he fought the first one a little bit by whining/crying for 15 minutes tops, but he was almost asleep sitting up and would be asleep as soon as I would lay him back down. Then for his 2nd nap he didn't cry but I went to check on him after 10 minutes and again he was sitting with his eyes closed doing head bobs. Totally falling asleep sitting up. He was so stubborn about taking him nap he didn't even want to lay down. So I went to lay him down and startled him but he went right to sleep and is still sleeping now an hour and a half later. I really wanted to take a picture but thought that would really startle him. Hopefully we can have a good night and have a successful sleeping week.

No comments: