Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Growing up











Matthew seems to be growing up too fast. He got another tooth on Sunday after being sick for a few days. He got one on top in the middle. I was wondering when and where the next one was going to come since he got his 2 bottom teeth the end of August. Both girls got their top teeth on the sides but his was a front tooth. Besides his new tooth he is starting to talk. I have heard him say "all done" over the weekend. He was using it when he was all done nursing and when he wanted me to be all done wiping his nose. Nobody else heard it though. But then also over the weekend he starting saying "mama". He will crawl over to me and will pull om my legs saying "mama" until I pick him up. Smart little guy. He knows how to get what he wants. He is also starting to pull himself up on some things. He gets mad at the couch because there is nothing to grab onto and he can't do it. He loves to pull himself up on me and almost anything else that is his height. He has let go a couple times but just for a few seconds. I can't believe that he is growing up so fast. 9 months and he seems like a little man. A little man who doesn't like to sleep at night but I am telling him next week is his week to sleep. I'm going to have him cry longer than usual and if Emily wakes up she can sleep on a cot we have for her. I am ready to get more than an hour or 2 of sleep in a row. He was at the doctor last week for his 9 month check up and he was 18.4lbs and 29in. So tall and skinny still. As much as he loves to eat I don't see him gaining too much because if I'm not holding him he is always on the move. So far we haven't found a food he doesn't like. He will eat whatever we are having and really never had much baby food. He loves to use a fork but now has started to not want to give it back and thinks it's a pretty funny game. He loved seeing Santa this year and looking for "Bob" our Elf on the shelf. He would wave to him and always look back to see if he was watching him. He's going to have a lot of fun opening presents and ripping the paper. This year has gone by so fast. I don't even want to think about next year when he won't be a baby anymore. I am enjoying, and yes spoiling him, since he is probably our last little baby. It has already gone by too fast. So as much as my back has been hurting from carrying him around it won't last forever.

No comments: