Thursday, August 5, 2010

A big week


first bite of cereal


tummy time for all 3 kids


Getting an early start playing soccer


Practicing his goalie skills like mommy and Uncle Jon


3 days ago on tummy


Birthday girl Sarah with Matthew


6 days ago on tummy


Happy Matthew and Emily


3 kids playing on the floor


12 days ago on tummy

Matthew had has a big week since I last wrote. He seemed to have really grown and changed a lot. He loves tummy time now and is constantly rolling over onto his tummy. He'll get his arm stuck every once in a while but he's getting better at getting it out by himself. Anytime he is laid down he'll immediately roll over. It makes diaper changes already more difficult. I feel like he isn't old enough to be doing this already. He can spend a good 20 minutes on his tummy playing and watching the girls now. Sometimes he'll roll back over but usually he stays on his tummy. He is loving it so much that he took his first nap on his tummy today. He fell asleep on his own and I went to check on his and he was laying on his tummy all sprawled out. He took a great nap and almost slept 2 hours.

Matthew also was finally given cereal this week. I finally gave some to him last night. I was planning on waiting til 6 months with him but he has seem so interested for awhile now. He was grabbing my fork and plate. He licks his lips and will stare at your food. He follows the fork from the plate to your mouth. So he had some last night and he opened his mouth right away and was so excited. He wasn't happy with how watery it was but he ate it up. He had some again tonight after we ate dinner and I didn't put as much breast milk in there as last night and he was grabbing the spoon to help me along with the bowl. I will continue to give it to him if he interested. I plan on making my own baby food again as I did with Emily, who was not interested at all, but I'll wait a little longer on that. I think one of the reasons I was waiting on giving him cereal because it is another thing that makes him a little older and that means he's growing up. I want him to stay little and not to grow up so fast. He is such a sweet baby and I want him to stay little as long as possible.

I also forgot to mention in his 4 month post that he found his feet a couple weeks ago and loves to play with them. That is one of the things that will keep him playing on his back. He also learned to clap a week before he turned 4 months. At his 4 month picture he kept clapping and some of the images were getting blurry because he was so excited. It is so cute to see.

I'm such a lucky mommy to have such a wonderful son!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thank you Becky for your pictures & commentary on the kids, both allow me to follow their progress even tho I'm so far away! I love hearing of their triumphs & challenges & seeing their accomplishments in the pics. Don't know where you find the time to do all that you have to do in addition to the blog, but am very happy you juggle so well. Hugs & Kisses to all. Love, Linda