Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Matthew at 5 months









It seems like I was just posting about still being pregnant and wondering when the little one was going to come out. Now Matthew is over 5 months old and so busy. He tries to scoot around the floor but gets frustrated when he can't get anywhere or he can't get there fast enough. He has started to eat some foods and I am trying a little bit different feeding approach this time. After having some rice cereal a couple times and trying mushed bananas on vacation he has had his own banana chunk, cucumber, pickle, and apple. He attempted a green bean and cantaloupe but both were too slippery and kept falling out of his hand. He is clearly interested in everything you are eating and will grab whatever you have. I keep thinking it that may be one of the reasons he doesn't sleep but whatever the reason Matthew is not learning from his sisters. He got off any schedule he was on this month when it was so hot in the house (without any AC) and going on vacation. He was being nursed to sleep and when he would wake up be nursed again to go back to sleep and slept with us some on vacation because he wouldn't sleep in his pack and play. I worked hard when we got back (with new AC) to get him back on schedule of his naps, getting himself to sleep, and sleeping in his crib. It was a rough couple days but I thought we turned the corner by the middle of last week but since Saturday his longest nap has been only 37 minutes. All of his naps have between 27-33 minutes and he wakes up tired and crying. I have been keeping a diligent record of all his naps and it's not pretty. I don't know what else I can do than be consistent but he's not giving in. So not sleeping during the day or night is starting to take it's toll on me. He is also becoming somewhat of a momma's boy and if anyone else is holding him he starts whining for me. He did great on vacation and LOVED all the attention but since we've been back it's been just me. Besides trying to crawl he is trying to sit by himself and does a pretty decent job. He will still topple over and loves to sit forward and try to gt his toes but he is close to sitting unsupported. He will also stand by himself and hold onto the sides of his crib or Emily's crib until he lets go with one hand and then his legs give out. He is still such a happy baby who is growing so fast. I know these sleepless nights won't last forever and he'll be off to school like the girls before I know it. I will remind myself of that when I am up in a few hours feeding him.

No comments: