Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Swimming
I am so proud of Stephanie today. She had her first swimming lesson and after a terrible time last summer I wasn't sure if it was worth trying again. I am so glad we went today. The pool was terribly cold so I was sure she wasn't going in. But she did get in with me and held on tight at first but within 10 minutes she was holding on with only 1 arm, splashing, kicking, laying on her back a little, and then reaching with both arms. We were just in the Dells last week and besides me holding her on the lazy river she didn't go in the water at all. So I was pretty sure that she wasn't going to be going in this pool. But maybe it just looked so much smaller than the pools in the Dells. Of course next week there will be no swimming lesson. Not sure why they did it that way. Hopefully she doesn't forget in 2 weeks. If summer ever comes I will take her to the pool but we haven't had many nice days out. We were able to get the little baby pool out this weekend and the kids loved it. Stephanie actually was in it more than Emily. Anything to get her use to the water. I had said I wasn't going force her this year but maybe she is more ready this year than last year. Keep up the good work Stephanie. I'm so proud of you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go Stephanie!! We're proud of you.
Grandpa
Post a Comment