Saturday, June 6, 2009

New things

It's been such a busy couple months that I am so far behind. Let's see if I can get this up to date. A couple of weeks ago we took our house off the market. We had an offer on it but it was contingent on the sale of another house so we were able to get out of the contract. We decided to stay put because at the end of April I was notified that I was been let go. I have worked with the same family since March of 1998. I wasn't being let go because the kids were old enough and didn't need a nanny anymore. Quite the opposite, they needed someone to live in and be there 24/7. They've always known that that was something I wasn't interested in and now it isn't an option. So they asked the sitter who drives the kids to school to live with them in there new house ( less than a mile away from their old house). Oh well, what can you do. So that happened the same weekend I miscarried so it was a bad way to end April. Since I need to have some income we figured I would try to watch kids in the house and have been trying to get some kids here. I am looking for a 2-3 kids (babies) so then when we have another one I'll have a house full of babies. Hopefully I can find some soon. Jeff will have to get use to sleeping with ear plugs. But we figured we needed to have a house so I could watch kids in and without my income probably couldn't get another house and would be in an apartment so we were better off staying.

The kids... we had our annual IEP (individual education plan) for Stephanie at school last week and we were able to convince them for sure that we want her to repeat the early childhood program so then she wouldn't enter K4 until she is 5. Some of the teachers were on the fence about it and I just know there are some kids with summer birthdays that have no delays that will be starting K4 when they are 5 so it's not like she'll be the oldest. I think she needs the extra time and will get a lot more out of kindergarten in a year. She will get more help in the early childhood program than K4. Hopefully she can make some major progress with the in home therapy she will start getting later this summer. She will also be back at Marquette for speech in just over a week and then the following week she finally got in for some private speech at the same place she goes for occupational therapy. She should have enough visits to get us til the in home therapy begins. She is getting over being sick just for a little over a day. She got a fever on Thursday night after Emily had one all week. Emily's never got very high but once Stephanie got it her fever spiked to over 102. Thursday night she scared me so much because she woke up screaming at 11:30 and I thought she was having a seizure. I went in there and she was shaking uncontrollably. I'm sure it was just the chills but I was so scared for her. It was scaring her so then she would scream more. I didn't want to put her in the tub because she didn't want to get that night for a regular bath and she didn't want a wash cloth on her either. After she calmed down I had her in bed with me but neither of us were sleeping and I put her back in her bed at 2:30 and by 4:30 she was screaming again and shaking again. She came back with me and stayed there til we woke up in the morning. I took her to the doctor since the medicine wasn't bringing her fever down and she lost it there. Not sure why, she likes the doctor. It was just a virus though and of course I was suppose to be at a wedding with Jeff this weekend out of town. She did get better by last night but still a low fever and not sure how her night would be. So Jeff had already left since he had to stand up and I was going this morning with his parents. I decided last night to stay here and I think I made the right decision. She still had a fever this morning and my parents had a busy Saturday planned with the girls so she just needed a low key day with mommy. No more fever now so hopefully she is all better for Joe's (my cousin) 8th grade graduation party tomorrow.

Emily has her days were she seems like she is already 2, some terrible 2 moments, but then other times when she seems older than she is cause she is always helping me with Stephanie but she is so little. She knows when Stephanie needs space and a hug, or a blanket. She is starting to combine her words a little bit and still repeating everything she hears. She still has her blanket but no longer carries around all of her animals. They are still in her crib but they usually stay there all day. I am going to try to get rid of that nuk next month though. That's going to be tough. She still takes a 2-3 hour nap everyday and sleeps great during the night. She loves to help out around the house and her new thing is folding clothes. Her helping though it more like rolling them into a ball. It's a good try though. She still loves going for walks, finding birdies, ducks, doggies, and squirrels. She is not afraid of slides at all and will go so fast not caring if she bumps her head. She tries to ride a bike but can't reach the pedals. I think once she does it will help Stephanie learn how. Both girls like painting outside with water. There haven't been too many nice days and we haven't gotten the pool out yet but I hope soon. I signed them up for swimming classes and those start in a couple weeks. I was able to get in at the high school right across the street so we can walk there and hopefully they will like it better than last year. I really wanted to get them at the pool beforehand but not sure if that will happen. We are going to the Dells this week with Jack and Mia as a goodbye/end of school year trip so I am hoping that will help. They were scared last time we were there but that was a year and a half ago so maybe this time will be better.

So that's about where things our now and now I need to get ready for the girls birthday party. We aren't going to do the 4th of July since so many people have things going on that day so that gives me a little more time. Summer will go fast. Hopefully for Stephanie it does because I have a feeling she won't be sure what to do without school. Since she will have speech 3 days a week and OT one day every other week will keep her somewhat busy. We'll see.

No comments: