Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Stephanie's last day







Today was Stephanie's last day before she starts school tomorrow. I think she knows and I think she is excited. She loves her backpack and is all smiles when we keep saying that she is going to school. She knows that we pick up Jack and Mia from school but we haven't done that since May and she visited her classroom once but that was back in June so I'm not sure what she is associating school with. So tomorrow she goes in the morning to the local school here from 8:40-11:20. I have to drop her off with all the kids and the teachers will be outside waiting for her. Of course today was 90 and tomorrow might make it to 70. So, no dress for the first day of school. They said if she will go with them I should let her and not try to tag along. I think she'll have fun and I hope this really helps her. She will go there on Mondays and Wednesdays for 2 months and then increase to one or two more days depending on how she is doing. They will help her with the early childhood things and she will get help with speech and her occupational (fine motor) help in and out of the classroom. I am happy to say that some of the goals they set for the year for her she has started to work on already. She is getting much better and sitting and playing and pretend playing. She is also recognizing pictures more and associating them to the real thing. Then on Fridays she will go to a regular preschool and this week it is only 1 hour long and I get to stay with her. Since this is the school I am nervous about I am glad that it's only an hour and I can stay. She is suppose to be potty trained (not even close) and can't drink out of a cup yet, which I assume they will do at snack time. I will have a chance to talk to the teachers a bit about her issues. I am so excited for her but so sad. My little baby is going to school and has a lot ahead of her this year but I know she can do it.

No comments: