Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Funny and goofy Emily






This was a two day try at the table but it didn't last. Emily kept pushing herelf away or putting her feet on the table.
















I know I am behind and didn't update on the kids last month when they were 37 months and 13 months and I briefly updated about Stephanie in an earlier post. So now I have to add some recent things about Emily. She has been so silly lately. She is being so funny it is quite entertaining. Since Stephanie has started walking around in our shoes Emily tries, has trouble getting her foot in, but even if she does she just stands there because she can't really move in them. But she is still so proud of herself. She also loves to do what Stephanie is doing and that can be good or bad. She is throwing everything since Stephanie has gotten better at her throwing and we encourage that but it's getting a little out of hand. She alos wants a ponytail in her hair because Stephanie has one or two but she doesn't have enough hair for that. I did manage to get a little one in for a short while. She also will be running or walking around and then fall down on purpose, lay flat on her back, and whine. She's doing it to call attention to herself and when you notice her and ask her what happened she smiles and waits for you to tell her to get up. She can crawl down the stairs by herself and is starting to try to walk up the stairs also. She tries to march around the house and climb onto anything she can. Thankfully there isn't much she can climb up on yet. We are almost bottle free in this house again. She has had maybe 2-3 bottles in the last week so they aren't in the routine anymore but she'll get one every once in a while if she has trouble going to sleep. I am so happy those can almost be put away. Right now she still loves animals but the real ones from a far and the stuffed animals or those in books are much better. She loves to carry the stuffed ones around and wave at Apollo unless he comes to close. A couple weekends ago we went to a pet expo and they had goats, zebras, reindeer, lots of dogs everywhere and it was all good since they didn't get too close. Once the goats did but after a little scare she was okay. She is becoming a little more picky with her food but she wants to eat it like Stephanie with the ketchup or the syrup. She knows she's missing out. She still says "da da" for everything but will say "hi" if she has a phone, and she'll say "uh-oh" when she drops something, and can make the sound of a lion and a dog. But I am still going to worry about her talking because of Stephanie until she can say more words. I know she doesn't have the motor planning, fine or gross motor issues that Stephanie has, but I am still concerned about the language. Hopefully is all happens soon. She is at such a wonderful playful, cute stage right now and is so much fun.

No comments: