Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Growing up

Stephanie has been doing well at school and seems to like it. Last week at Greendale Playschool it went okay. She was of course the only one who didn't talk and I could see her getting frustrated and wanting to push others and didn't know how to ask for help. I talked to the teachers after we were there for the hour and mentioned her issues and they told me they will work with her and when we go this week I should plan to stay (it was optional anyways) so I can tell them a little more about her and help some. Then they just want to talk to her speech therapist at the early childhood program to see what they can tell them. I know she is getting that speech at school but I do think she still needs to get private therapy but I just need to find the right place. She doing so much better with puzzles and pretend play. She loves to wear our shoes around the house and it is good for her balance to try that. She has been sleeping pretty well and naps are still a few times a week. Our major problem for fall right now is not being able to find pants that fit her. They all fall off her little waist or are too short. I have so many different pants from so many different stores trying to get something to fit her. No luck. It does seem that Emily is following the same curve also. Hopefully once I find one pair it will fit the other one down the line.

1 comment:

Kim Fine said...

I have exactly the same problem with my kids--they are jsut too stinking skinny for pants to stay up. I finally hd to start only getting them adjutable waist pants (that have the buttons inside the waist) so that I could make they really small in the waist. I tend to find them most often at Target and sometimes at department stores. Those are the only ones that work for my guys.