Thursday, January 24, 2008

Emily at 6 months





















I need to post this one also before it is more than a month old. At 6 months I can't believe how much Emily has changed and grown. And how different she is from Stephanie at 6 months. I know you aren't suppose to compare children, but I know everyone does, but she is so different. At her check up she weighed 16lbs 2oz and was 27 inches long. She slowed down a little bit in her weight but that is because she doesn't like her baby food. I am going through all the work of making her food and she could care less about it. She is too busy to eat. She just loves to play. I think that is why she doesn't like to sleep either. She really just loves to play. She has been sitting now since she turned 6 months at the beginning of January and will occasionally lose her balance but she doesn't care. She will sit and Stephanie will keep bringing her toys until she can't see her lap because it is filled with toys. Very sweet but I am trying to get Stephanie just to bring a few over. Right now the favorite toy of choice (besides something that can go in the mouth) is a talking Care Bear. She is fascinated with it. She gets so exited that it talks to her. It tells the Goldilocks and the 3 Bears story, and we hear it over and over again. Stephanie of course has taken to this bear again so she likes to take it away from Emily's view. I thought for Christmas that Stephanie would get some toys and Emily will learn to play with some but Emily is playing with everything. All the baby toys that Stephanie never did and all her new ones. Glad to see them being used.

Emily still crawls backwards and doesn't seem to mind at first but gets frustrated when she gets so far from her toys. She will push up on her hands and then her knees but can't stay up so she pushes back. She is also still waiting for her first tooth. Everyday I think it is coming but still nothing. I'll be using that as her excuse of why she doesn't like to sleep. She is becoming more social and likes being talked to by us and especially Stephanie. Alle was in town a couple weeks ago and hadn't seen her since September I think. She cried at first but was okay with her pretty quickly. Now she hasn't seen family since Christmas so it will be interesting what happens at the next party.

These 6 months have gone so quickly and as much as I miss the little bitty newborn stage, Emily is so much fun and has grown up with such a wild and busy personality it will be so interesting to see what she's like in another 6 months. I am sure not ready for her to be one but I could use some 80 or 90 degree days after it's been below zero here. I love you my little peanut.

No comments: