Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Stephanie and not talking
Stephanie went to get her hearing checked to just be ruled out as a reason for being a late talker. Her hearing is fine, just like I thought, but she still has just a few number of words. I'll be talking to the doctor to see if we should see a speech therapist or not. I am so by the books and God is challenging me with something not "normal", but I do know that all kids learn at different rates. I know a handful of kids who didn't really say anything until they were 3 so I just have to be patient. I am just frustrated for her because being this my speciality I feel like I should be able to help her. Her words now are "no, uh-oh, go, hi, bye, mama (only when she is whining), and i can't think of any others now. I know she is frustrated also whick leads to more whining which gets on everyones nerves. I keep saying I'll regret these days when she doesn't talk because she won't be quiet someday. Right now I'll take that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Beck!! Jim and I love to look at the blogs of the girls.. But, just want to give you some input. Jackie was not a talker either. She didn't say much until she was about and 1/2. she is now 12 (in 7th grade) and she is taking 9th grade math) I think it just comes with being the first child in the family. Hope all is well with you guys. Talk to you soon. Jen and Jim....
n
Sorry, I meant that Jackie was 3 1/2 years old.
Post a Comment