I can't believe it but Stephanie lost her 2 first teeth. I noticed about a month ago that Stephanie had a loose tooth and then a week later I noticed the another one was loose too. It was her two bottom teeth that were loose. I wasn't sure how she will handle it and what she would understand about it so I asked the therapists what they have done in the past with kids and losing teeth. We took a wait and see approach and see if/what bothers her. It didn't really bother her until the day the first one fell out. This past Saturday she kept pushing both teeth forward with her tongue and saying "out". But anytime she would open her mouth her tongue comes out so it was difficult getting to her teeth. I didn't want anyone pulling my teeth out so I couldn't imagine pulling her teeth out. So sometimes after lunch I noticed that her tooth was gone. Not sure when it happened but I am assuming that it happened while she was eating and that she swallowed it. Then on Sunday she had the other one in after breakfast and kept asking again for us to take it out. She didn't let us get close though. Then I went to the store and when I came back I asked Jeff when her other tooth fell out. No idea. She had eaten a banana so maybe again when she was eating. That is kind of how I figured it was going to happen. Then we needed to decide on the tooth fairy. She had no expectations and now without the teeth it was going to make less sense to her. Also having the tooth fairy leave a quarter or even a dollar under her pillow wouldn't mean anything to her. So we decided not to have the tooth fairy come this time around. Maybe for other teeth but right now we didn't sense a reason for it. She seems so much older with her two bottom teeth missing. I still can't believe she is old enough to have already lost her baby teeth. She is sure growing up.
Monday, February 7, 2011
Stephanie is growing up
I can't believe it but Stephanie lost her 2 first teeth. I noticed about a month ago that Stephanie had a loose tooth and then a week later I noticed the another one was loose too. It was her two bottom teeth that were loose. I wasn't sure how she will handle it and what she would understand about it so I asked the therapists what they have done in the past with kids and losing teeth. We took a wait and see approach and see if/what bothers her. It didn't really bother her until the day the first one fell out. This past Saturday she kept pushing both teeth forward with her tongue and saying "out". But anytime she would open her mouth her tongue comes out so it was difficult getting to her teeth. I didn't want anyone pulling my teeth out so I couldn't imagine pulling her teeth out. So sometimes after lunch I noticed that her tooth was gone. Not sure when it happened but I am assuming that it happened while she was eating and that she swallowed it. Then on Sunday she had the other one in after breakfast and kept asking again for us to take it out. She didn't let us get close though. Then I went to the store and when I came back I asked Jeff when her other tooth fell out. No idea. She had eaten a banana so maybe again when she was eating. That is kind of how I figured it was going to happen. Then we needed to decide on the tooth fairy. She had no expectations and now without the teeth it was going to make less sense to her. Also having the tooth fairy leave a quarter or even a dollar under her pillow wouldn't mean anything to her. So we decided not to have the tooth fairy come this time around. Maybe for other teeth but right now we didn't sense a reason for it. She seems so much older with her two bottom teeth missing. I still can't believe she is old enough to have already lost her baby teeth. She is sure growing up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment