Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Stephanie's new accomplishment

This is something last she learned last month right around her birthday but I kept forgetting to post. But she just kept doing it right now so I needed to post it before I forgot again. She has learned to open the fridge. It is great for her to use her muscles like that and is a great accomplishment for her. But now when she finishes her juice she goes in the fridge to see if she get another drink out. She sometimes goes and gets her milk then. Sometimes if there is nothing out she will voluntarily go and get something out of the fridge. It usually isn't a problem but she drinks so fast (like Jeff) that it she is out of something to drink very quickly. At least she can't pour herself something or get the juice or milk out. That will be something they will work on once her therapy starts next month (keeping fingers crossed). More independence for her and learning to open things and pouring would be good for her to learn. She has a little break now from therapy before school starts. I think she deserves it. She did good all summer going to speech 3 times a week. Now she will have OT next week and that is it until school starts the first week of September. She might get one day of speech in if a new therapist can fit her in but I'm not counting on it. I am just hopefully the intensive therapy starts right away in September.

No comments: