At some point I will get some posts up about Halloween, Christmas, school but I want to write down about Matthew. For as long as I can remember he has been sleeping with 3 nuks in his bed. He only had them in his bed and never walked around with them. He did go through a phase where he would want to go upstairs and play so he could have them but we tried keeping them for sleeping time only. I have been wanting to have him give them up before his birthday in March. But he is so attached too them I have been putting it off.
I decided to cut a hole in one nuk so he wouldn't like it anymore. It didn't work the first night but he said he didn't like it the 2nd night. Then the 3rd night he told Jeff he didn't like nuk #2 so Jeff took it and told him he was going to throw it away. Matthew was ok with that but has been sad and asking for it for the last 2 days. He keeps saying he is so sad without and going to cry. My poor baby.
So today he goes down for a nap and he says he doesn't want his last nuk and throws it in his garbage in his room. He wanted to throw it in the garbage truck (it was garbage day today) but had to settle for the garbage can. I've told him for quite awhile that he can have a big boy bed when he has no more nuks. So now I told him he can have a big boy bed with a truck blanket. So super excited. But I always knew that this might be the end of the naps for him. That is what happened with Emily but she could go to bed by 7:00 without a nap. But Stephanie has therapy til 6:45-7 so we don't eat supper til then. So supper at 8:00-8:30 is more likely to happen. So I need Matthew to keep his naps and I like my 2 hr break in the afternoon. He has been in his room for over an hour and still awake today. Maybe his sleep better tomorrow when he takes a nap with the other kids here. We'll see. Time to find a truck blanket too.
No more babies in the house :(
No comments:
Post a Comment