Since Matthew is be 19 months I figured I should get some information down at what he is like and doing at 18 months before I forget. I was reading my entry from when Emily was 18 months and there were so many things I did forget so I am very glad I can read what I wrote to remember. S many things I wrote remind me of what Matthew is doing at the same age. He is bigger han she was, taking more after Stephanie's structure. He was 24.2lbs at his check up and 33.5 inches. He loves to run, climb, tries to jump, wants to walk up the stairs, and his new favorite thing is getting a stool so he can turn on and off the light switch. He is independent and thinks he can do everything and get away with everything. He will put himself in timeout if he thinks he did something wrong. Kind of defeating the purpose. It doesn't happen to often though because he is a good boy. He is definitely a mama's boy but is getting better with others.
He loves playing with puzzles, loves animals, Dora, playing with his sisters, the iPad, playing outside, reading books, and being goofy. He thinks he is the funniest guy. He is always making us laugh and likes acting silly. He can climb up both ladders on the playset outside. He makes me nervous put does a great job. he goes down the slide all by himself as well and he doesn't fly off the bottom anymore. He talks pretty well for his age. He probably has over 20 words and is combines a couple words. Some words he says often are, "iPad", "mama", "dada", "ketchup", "Dora", "puffs", "hello", "toilet", "fish", "all done", "more", "grandpa", "touchdown", "hop hop", "no", and "backpack". He gets many of his words from copying is sisters. He loves playing with them and they love p,aging with him. It is such a joy to watch them all play together. Sometimes it doesn't always end well but they try.He finally sleeps well overnight after not sleeping through the night consistently until 14-15 months. Now he gets a good 11-12 hours of sleep a night and then a 2.5-3 hr nap. A couple days he still takes 2 naps but most often he can stay awake for one afternoon nap.
He brings such a joy and smile to our lives every day. He is so lovable and sweet and I don't want him to grow up anymore. He is growing up too fast already that I can't imagine him being 2.


No comments:
Post a Comment