swaddled in crib
sucking his thumb
watching the girls in the pool
sleeping in the moby wrap
so happy
sweet hug for matthew
sleeping so soundly
no more swaddle
Matthew and Stephanie
Cousin Abby loves to hold Matthew
Matthew going for a ride
Grandpa and Matthew
cute little smile
happy in the bouncy seat
first time at the zoo
I can't believe how fast the spring went and now it's summer (and we had our share of hot days already) and Matthew is 3 months old. Soon it will be the 4th and that means the girls' birthdays are coming. We aren't having their party on the 4th this year but will be combining it with Matthew's baptism in the middle of July. It is great to have a son and he has been a wonderful addition to our family. He is such a good baby and happy most of the time. I think I am spoiling him more than the girls as I still think he might be our last baby. He loves to sleep in my arms and knows the instant he is put down. I have tried naps in the crib but he just isn't ready for that. He will sleep in the swing but would rather be held. But he has been in his crib for almost a month (Memorial Day weekend) and did pretty well. I also stopped swaddling him a couple weeks ago because he would get out and then have a big blanket around his crib. The first night I did it I was prepared for him to be up a lot but he did pretty well. He was just up 2-3 times which is normal for him. He has done much better about going right back to sleep after he eats, except this week he did get back up a couple times when I put him back in the crib. I am still breastfeeding and glad I stuck with it. When he went to the ENT a week and a half ago he was 13lbs and 9oz. I measured him at home last week and he was 25 inches. So he growing great. He went to the ENT because he has had some spots on his tongue but they were nothing to worry about and some chronic stuffiness which again was nothing to worry about. Of course those spots on his tongue disappeared last week. At least it was after the ENT so I had an idea of what they were.
Matthew smiles a lot and loves watching the girls play and being talked to. He will goo a lot and has a lot to say. He had his first laugh on May 31 and will laugh when you talk to him or when you slightly tickle him. He also loves to be worn in my moby wrap and will watch things around him or go to sleep. Emily has started wrapping her baby in her blanket so she can wear her baby too. It has come in handy with all the kids around here. He tried to roll over from his back to his tummy a couple days ago but just couldn't make it. That's fine, I'm not ready for him to be rolling around yet. He is very busy with his arms and legs too. He is always kicking and waving his arms. He loves his bouncy seat because it makes music and flashes light when he kicks. He is going to be a busy little boy once he starts moving. He also loves to suck on his hands. He has put his thumb in his mouth a few times but never seams satisfied with that. Within the last 2 days he has starting making sucking sounds with his mouth kind of like a kissing sound. So I don't know if he hungry sometimes or just goofy around. He has gotten scared a couple times in big crowds or loud sounds. He cried during a family singing of "Happy Birthday" and then we were at another party we didn't last long because he just wasn't happy. You would think with all the noise around the house he would be fine with it but he does get startled at different sounds. We have been truly blessed again with another wonderful baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment