Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Little Emily

The girls are all better after ending up with ear infections after all that but it was a long week of sick kids. Since the kids were better we needed to get Emily to the eye doctor. A couple weeks before she got sick we would notice her right eye wandering inwards at times. Jeff has this same problem so we knew to be on the lookout for it and made an appointment at the eye clinic right away. We knew that the sooner it gets corrected the better the outcome. We both took her on Monday and she did great. First they had her look at a TV screen to look at pictures and see if she could tell what they were. I wasn't sure if she would say what they were whether she knew or not because she sometimes clams up in front of strangers. She did very well and said most of them and some of them she may have known but just said something. Jeff said sometimes she gave an answer without really looking at the screen. She was a model patient when she had to get the drops in her eyes, she didn't even flinch. After her eyes dilated the Dr. was able to tell that she was slightly farsighted in both eyes and that was one reason her eye was straining to see and looking inward to relax. So she needs glasses. I ordered them today and they should be here in a week. I can't imagine her wearing glasses. I hope it isn't too much of a battle to keep them on. She knows she going to have glasses like Daddy and like Mommy sometimes but until they are here and she needs to wear them I'm not sure what she'll do. If the glasses don't work then we will patch her strong eye for a certain number of hours during the day. The patching may go along with the glasses too. If that doesn't work then it will be surgery. But it is a while before we need to think about that. Always something going on here. I'll post once the glasses come in I can get a picture or two.

No comments: